Terms and Conditions of Use
• If you are the last person to arrive to collect your son or daughter from their stop, please make sure that there is no pupil left on their own when you leave. If necessary, please wait for the last pupil to be collected. Similarly, where pupils walk home from their stop, we would ask that pupils wait until others have been collected.
• Drivers will wait for a short time if only one pupil is to be dropped off. In the event that the pupil is not collected, the driver will either drive the pupil to their home which may be en route, or at the end of the bus run. Parents may be charged extra for this service.
• Bus companies and the College bus drivers are always careful in selecting pick-up and drop off points, to maximise safety. Wherever possible drivers like to be able to get off road and for pick-up/drop off points to be well lit.
• Drivers require all pupils to use seat belts at all times and request that there is no eating or drinking on the buses.
• If for any reason your son or daughter will not be travelling, please contact the operator or driver via the following numbers:
Horseman Coaches: 0118 975 3811
Kingfisher Mini Coaches: 0118 9313 454
DJ Travel: 0118 933 3725
• If your son or daughter will not be on the bus for the return journey, please remind him/her to mention this to the driver that morning.
• Where there is a College event affecting large numbers of users, we will endeavour to inform the operators in advance.
• On boarding the bus, pupils must sit down and put their seat belts on without delay.
• During the journey pupils must not needlessly talk or distract the driver.
• Pupils must not remove their seat belts or leave their seats while the bus is in motion.
• Pupils using the school buses are subject to normal school sanctions for unruly behaviour or breach of the above guidelines. If warnings are ignored, a pupil will be suspended from using the bus.
• The school bus service is organised on a termly basis, we would therefore require one term’s notice if you wish to withdraw your child from this service.
• Prices are based on pupils using the bus on a full time basis. We are unable to make adjustments for those pupils that choose to use the bus on an occasional basis.